Another Spam Blocking Technique

Another frustrating week of downed phone lines. Upon talking to the “linesman”, the reason we got for the failure was that he was away on holiday. I would have had his head for that if I was incharge. After that, the power went off just after I finished writing this entry the first time. Apparantly, they are adding more power lines and simply can’t be bothered to inform anyone when they switch the current ones off.

Spam is an even bigger menace when you are on a dialup. Right now, I’m using Bogofilter’s bayesian filtering to mark my email as ham or spam. It works pretty well, but the database needs constant updating as the nature of spam changes. Here is one project that hopes to eliminate this:

I have yet to look at it thoroughly so any comments are welcome.